Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What software can I use to manage an external hard drive thats broken?

Hi, I have an external hard drive and its broke (some of the sectors on it are bad), I want to send it away for repair/replacement but I want to ensure its complely blank before I do. I've tried using the software provided to 'write 0's' to it but it always fails, and i cant initialize or format the drive cos they both fail too. Is there any software that could help? ThanksWhat software can I use to manage an external hard drive thats broken?Don't waste your time trying to repair it. Smash it with a hammer and dispose of it yourself if you are that concerned about privacy. Time to get a new drive all together!What software can I use to manage an external hard drive thats broken?Go try this:

Start%26gt;My computer%26gt;Right click on the HDD%26gt;Properties%26gt;Tools%26gt;Error Checking%26gt;Check now%26gt;Attempt Recovery of bad sectors%26gt;Start.



It might work. I don't know any other way, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment