Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the best combination of security software?

I am looking for the ultimate combination of security software. It can include any type of security software, firewalls, ad blockers. Money is no object as long as they are all utilities for home users (no commercial security suites). Right now, I have Norton Internet Security 2010, Threatfire, and MalwareBytes Pro.What is the best combination of security software?You have topnotch protection now. I use Norton 2010, prevx 3.0, and malwarebytes free edition (to periodically scan my cpu). Prevx is a cloud anti virus/anti spyware that works alongside other protections and has stopped every rogue program in it's tracks on my cpu.



I used to run Norton and threatfire until i found out that norton bought pc tools(owners of threatfire). I figured Norton's sonar protection would be about the same thing.



I wouldn't add anything else for active protection as some programs conflict with each other. For example, I've never run malwarebytes in real time with anything else, but if it's not causing any problems i wouldn't worry about it.





edit: like the other poster said I would recommend adding WOT(web of trust). it is available for IE, Firefox, and Google ChromeWhat is the best combination of security software?First of all, you are running 2 programs to many. The whole purpose of a security suite is you don't have to run other real time protection. Norton Internet Security is all you need in real time protection.

If you add WOT or Mcafee site advisor, that will keep you off bad web sites. If you what to go to the next level of security, you don't get it by adding more scanners. You need to look at sandboxing. I've given you links. Both these programs are very good and have free version. This is the best combination, you are going to get.





http://www.sandboxie.com/



http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs鈥?/a>
  • pro comp
  • haynes repair manual
  • international trucks
  • top baby names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment