Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do you run a software installation disk as administrator for Vista?

I go to My computer and right click the software icon in my disk drive and nothing comes up that prompts me to run as administrator.

Is there an option that allows me to run everything by default as administrator?How do you run a software installation disk as administrator for Vista?If you're the only user on your computer, then you're already the administrator. However, if you're not follow the steps below.



Click the 'start' button and click the picture(top-right). You'll find out from there if you're the administrator or not.How do you run a software installation disk as administrator for Vista?To run every program as administrator does not exist in Vista. This is it's defense mechanism. However if you want to run certain program with administrative privileges and right mouse click does not work you can alternatively mark with mouse your exe. file and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER combination. This will have the same effect as right mouse click - run with administrative privileges.



I hope this helps. If you need more help drop by my computer blog where you can also contact me.



http://www.pcterritory.netHow do you run a software installation disk as administrator for Vista?Go into whatever drive the disc is (usually D:\), then find the exe that is first launched (usually setup.exe), right-click, select properties, run as administrator, then launch.How do you run a software installation disk as administrator for Vista?
go to control panel and check the user accounts, I know on xp your usually set to admin by default but you can make yourself the administrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment